Welcome to user guide resources. This section provides information and instructions on the following:
- Before you start
- Required information
- Laptop & cable
- Laptop configuration
- Connecting the ethernet cable to the charging station
- Establishing remote connection
Before you start
- Torx screwdriver (T20) – for the Green Edition
- Phillips screwdriver – for the legacy version
- Flat screwdriver (5.5 mm)
Before starting the following information must be communicated:
- The exact model of you charging stations. Depending on the charging station model, additional information may be inquired
Other information that may be inquired:
- Charging station Serial Number (SN). A 8 digit number, marked by “SN” and usually starting with 19, 20, 21, etc.
- Local WiFi network, and network password
Laptop & cable
You can use any modern laptop running Windows or MacOS that has:
- Ethernet port RJ45 (recent MacBooks require an Ethernet Adapter
You will also need an ethernet cable.
DO NOT connect the laptop to the charging station.
You will need to bridge WiFi to Ethernet. This means, that you will be able to use both the WiFi and Ethernet simultaneously. Depending on your operating system, follow these steps:
Open Control Panel on your Windows PC:
To create a bridge between the two connections, click on the wireless network adapter icon. Now press the Ctrl key and keep it pressed till you select the ethernet adapter icon. Once both the WiFI adapter and the Ethernet are chosen, make a right-click on any of the icons. A context menu will appear. Here, select the Bridge Connections option.
You may be required to enter your “Admin” password. If you are the only user, this is your password to launch Windows.
- Open System Prefences > Sharing
- Select Internet Sharing
- Share your connection from “Wi-Fi” to “Ethernet…” (depending on the MacBook used, the ethernet port may be labeled as; Ethernet Adaptor, USB 10/100/1000 LAN, etc.)
You will need to download AnyDesk, a remote desktop application. Download.
By default, AnyDesk runs in portable mode, which means no installation is required; just double-click the downloaded AnyDesk.exe file to launch the program.
Connecting the ethernet cable to the charging station
Remove the covers
Note: your external cover of the charging station may look different. The positioning of the screws may also vary.
Once the internal cover is removed you will be able to see an Ethernet Port
The charging station can remain turned ON (idle / not charging). ATTENTION! The power terminals are located under another cover, which should not be removed.
Establishing remote connection
- Connect to the local WiFi network, and make sure that you have internet access (load any website)
- Connect the ethernet cable to the charging station and laptop. Check again to make sure that you have internet access
- Launch AnyDesk
- Provide the AnyDesk remote access number (This Desk: XXX XXX XXX) to Remote Specialist
The Remote Specialist will take over.
Privacy & security: The remote specialist can access your screen and input device (keyboard, mouse), and all operations carried out on the laptop will be visible. Only the browser will be used. Make sure to close any browser tabs that are confidential.